Tuesday 19 January 2010

It's the way I gel 'em


Another shot from the session I had with the amazing Luke Roberts.


This time I wanted an effect that suggested a live performance, as if he were onstage, so I used a blue gel on the strobe camera left and an orange gel on camera right. Each was on half power, no diffusion. The one on the left was pretty much directly side-on to luke, about six feet away, zoomed to about 50mm, with the same home-made gobo to stop it glaring into the lens, and the one on the right was up as high as the stand would go and also sort of side-on, zoomed right out to 24mm, and about eight feet away.

The hardest thing about this shoot was capturing the right moment, when the yo-yo was in just the right place. This guy is FAST. But he was also very helpful and understood when I needed to fire off a few frames before we got one in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment